Meatballs are a popular party appetizer, but they’re also a super main dish on a buffet menu. These versatile morsels adapt easily to all kinds of sauces, and for picky eaters, they’re equally delicious served on their own.
Make-ahead tip: Meatballs are the ultimate in easy prep. Make them and store in the freezer. Before serving, reheat on a baking sheet in the oven and serve with buns, pasta, rice and salads.
Make a dessert just as crowd-pleasing and easy to serve. Gooey, chocolatey Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake couldn’t be easier to make. Dish it out straight from your slow cooker.
There are so many ways to serve meatballs, we couldn’t choose to just one. Here are five internationally inspired meatball buffet menus:
ITALIAN MEATBALL SANDWICH MENU
- Encore Cheesy Meatballs
- Crusty buns
- tomato sauce
- Grated mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
- Hot peppers
- Caesar salad with Golden Caesar Dressing
PASTA NIGHT MENU
- Perfectly Plain Meatballs
- Cooked rotini pasta (tossed with olive oil to keep it from sticking)
- Tomato sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Green salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
ASIAN INSPIRED MENU
- Honey Garlic Meatballs
- cooked white rice
- steamed or stir-fried veggies (like Stir-Fried Bok Choy)
- oven-baked spring rolls or egg rolls
- store-bought Asian Slaw
INDIAN INSPIRED MENU
- Tandoori Meatballs
- Lettuce wraps or naan bread
- Basmati rice or Kids Kedgeree
- Raita, chutney and/or lime pickle
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Banana Coconut Smoothie, Indian-Style Smoothie or Mango Limefizz Cocktails
GREEK INSPIRED MENU
- Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs with Tzatiki Dipping Sauce
- Whole wheat pita bread
- Chopped onions, tomatoes and cucumber and parsley (for sandwiches)
- Colourful Mediterranean Salad or Greek Pasta Salad
- Easy Lemon Gingerbread Cake
HAWAIIAN INSPIRED MENU
For more easy entertaining ideas, check out our collection of 5 buffet party menus.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today's Parent's daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.