Greek Salad Pasta
By Today's Parent
4 adult sized servings
* PLUS Cooking time: 10 minutes
This Greek Salad Pasta recipe replaces mayonnaise with a light oil and vinegar dressing, and gets bundles of flavour from feta, olives and raw vegetables.
finely chopped red
1 1/2 cups
, (200-g block)
red wine vinegar
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, according to package directions, until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, combine tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, garlic, feta, olive oil and vinegar in a large serving bowl.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking water. Add hot pasta to serving bowl and toss to combine, adding water as desired to loosen.
- Stir in oregano and season with black pepper.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 96 g,
- 28 g,
- 8 g,
- 963 mg.
This salad-turned-pasta is perfect for kids who prefer their vegetables raw and can be served hot or cold.
If you plan to serve this recipe cold , toss the past a with a bit of oil and vinegar and let it cool to room temperature before adding the cheese, vegetables and herbs.