Lime 'n' Honey Pineapple Kebabs
This article has not been rated yet.
Recipe by Bonny Reichert
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 fresh pineapple , peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- 2 fresh kiwi fruit , peeled, sliced thickly and cut into half-rounds
- 1 small watermelon , peeled and cubed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries , hulled and halved
- 1 mango , peeled and cubed
- wooden ice-pop sticks , (for young kids)
- Squeeze limes, collecting the juice (about ½ cup/125 mL) in a wide, shallow dish. Add honey and warm by zapping in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Add pineapple and other fruit, if using. Turn pieces over to coat on all sides. (You can skip this step if your little guests aren’t keen on lime or honey.)
- Serve fruit in bowls or platters and let guests assemble their own kebabs, offering honey-sweetened yogurt to dip, if desired.
- Serves 8.
- In a serving (1 skewer): 32 calories, 0.3 g protein, 0.1 g fat, 8.6 g carbohydrates