Cheesy Mini Meat Loaves
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Prepare two delicious dishes in half an hour flat. While the meat loaves bake in the oven, you can roll cute meatballs to tuck in the freezer for Encore Meatballs on a rainy day.
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lb lean ground beef , pork, or turkey
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar , 1 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Finely chop onion. Measure 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) onion. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with bread crumbs, Worcestershire, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper. Stir in onion. Crumble in meat. Add cheddar. Using your hands, mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide meat mixture in half. Set half of mixture aside. Divide remaining half into 4 portions. Place on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape each portion into a mini meat loaf.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cooked through and an internal thermometer inserted into thickest part of loaf reads 165°F (74°C), 20-25 minutes. Great served with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
- Meanwhile, prepare meatballs using set-aside meat mixture. Scoop about 1 tbsp (15 mL) and roll into a 1 in (2.5 cm) ball. Repeat with remaining mixture, placing on a baking sheet or tray. When all meatballs are rolled, loosely cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Tumble into a resealable bag or container. Freeze until ready to use for Encore Meatballs, up to 1 month.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 24 g,