Delicate Carrot Cake
10 to 12 servings
This carrot cake is light and tender and delicious. No nuts, no pineapple, no coconut - none of the chunky bits that kids pick out. Perfect with classic cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots , (3 medium, shredded on small holes of grater)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare 2 greased and parchment-lined 8 or 9 in. (20 or 23 cm) round layer pans or a 9 x 13 in. (23 x 33 cm) rectangular pan or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar and vegetable oil on high speed for about 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the shredded carrots and beat on medium speed just to combine. Now add the flour mixture and beat just until the batter is evenly combined, with no lumps of flour showing.
- Pour batter into pan(s) and place in the oven. Bake round layers for 35 to 40 minutes, rectangular pan for 40 to 45 minutes, or cupcakes for 30 to 35 minutes. Cake should be lightly browned on top, and a toothpick poked into the middle should come out clean. Let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before removing cake.