By Today's ParentUpdated Apr 02, 2020
You’re already VERY aware that Alexa can play Baby Shark (doo doo doo doo doo doo) and stay on top of your family grocery list, but here are some other Easter eggs that Alexa has up her sleeve—er, in the cloud. Turns out she’s got a pretty good sense of humour for a robot. (And don’t worry, we tested all these prompts beforehand to make sure everything is kid-appropriate.)
1. Alexa, how old is your mom?
2. Alexa, where do you live?
3. Alexa, moo like a cow.
4. Alexa, do you have any pets?
5. Alexa, how high can you count?
6. Alexa, rap for me.
7. Alexa, drop a beat.
8. Alexa, will you marry me?
9. Alexa, tell me a dinosaur joke.
10. Alexa, high five!
11. Alexa, what's the magic word? (Her answer will change every time you ask it.)
12. Alexa, I am your father. (If your kid is old enough to catch a Star Wars reference.)
13. Alexa, ask Magic 8 Ball… (Then ask a yes or no question.)
14. Alexa, knock, knock.
15. Alexa, can you spell “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?”
16. Alexa, who you gonna call? (She should say “Ghostbusters.”)
17. Alexa, I like big butts. (We promise this is a kid-safe answer.)
18. Alexa, what does the fox say?
19. Alexa, how much do you weigh?
20. Alexa, what sound does a hamster make?
21. Alexa, make me a sandwich.
22. Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
23. Alexa, open "Guess the animal sound."
24. Alexa, meow.
25. Alexa, make a fart noise.
26. Alexa, ask Pull My Finger to “let one loose.”
27. Alexa, ask Poop Facts for a fact.
28. Alexa, ask Pikachu to talk.
29. Alexa, ask Silly Things to tell me to do something silly.
30. Alexa, tell a bedtime story to [personalized].