Originally published in the Today’s Parent November 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen.
Cheesy Chicken with Sweet Potato WedgesBy Chatelaine
4 adult servings
Try this hearty one-pan meal on busy nights. It's the perfect combination of proteins and healthy carbs thanks to the sweet potato wedges.
- 2 small sweet potatoes , not peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 250-g block cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup grated cheedar , divided
- 2 roasted red sweet pepper , finely chopped
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 375F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil on a prepared sheet until well coated.
- Stir cream cheese with 1/2 cup cheddar and peppers in a small bowl. Lay a chicken breast on a cutting board. Slice into the side of chicken 3/4 of the way through and open chicken breast like a book. Repeat with remaining chicken. Lay a piece of plastic wrap over chicken and lightly pound with a meat mallet or bottom of a saucepan to flatten slightly. Spread cheese mixture on one side of each chicken breast “book” then fold over to close up. Arrange chicken on other prepared sheet.
- Bake potatoes and chicken in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 min. Remove sweet potatoes.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup cheddar over chicken. Broil chicken in top third of oven until cheese is dark golden, about 5 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 57 g,
- 27 g,
- 30 g,
- 4 g,
- 571 mg.