, thinly sliced
, cut in 4 wedges
- Combine lime juice with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oil, honey and salt in a large resealable bag. Add chicken. Massage bag until chicken is well coated. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Soak skewers in warm water for 20 min. Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Lay chicken on a cutting board. Divide pepper strips, placing on the edge of each scallopini. Starting with filling edge, roll up in jelly-roll fashion and thread 2 rolls onto each skewer.
- Oil grill. Barbecue chicken, lid closed, until springy when touched, 6 min per side. Meanwhile, grill tortillas 30 sec per side.
- Lay 1 scallopini roll on each tortilla. Top with cilantro, cheddar and sour cream. Squeeze lime overtop. Wrap and slice in half. Serve with Smoky Campfire Beans.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 22 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 454 mg.
Prepare chicken up to skewering. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to pack. Wrap tortillas and garnishes separately and place in cooler.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Photo: Roberto Caruso