Originally published in the January + February 2018 issue. Photo by Craig Boyko.
Dark-Chocolate GanacheBy Chatelaine
You won't want to miss out on this sweetness. Ganache is a thick French chocolate sauce that can be used as a glaze, as icing or as pastry filling.
- 225 g dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup 35% cream
- Chop chocolate finely. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium until it almost comes to a boil. Immediately pour over chocolate and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Drizzle over ice cream. Chocolate ganache keeps well, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
How to use it
- Drizzle on top of ice cream sundaes
- Use it warm for fondue and dip cookies, fruit, marshmallows, pretzels or potato chips in it
- Do a thick pour over cakes, cupcakes or a pan of brownies
- Make fudge (while still warm, add chopped nuts, dried fruit or coconut and then pour into a pan to set)
- Use as a decadent hot chocolate base
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 5 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 3 mg.