Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Rocky Road BrowniesBy Chatelaine
Brownies topped with sticky-sweet mini marshmallows? Sold.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 170-g pkg dark chocolate , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray an 8 x 8-in. baking dish with oil. Line bottom of dish with parchment.
- Whisk flour with cocoa and salt in a medium bowl. Combine chocolate with butter in another medium bowl. Microwave chocolate mixture on medium, stirring halfway through, until almost melted, about 2 min. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly, 5 min.
- Whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Scrape batter into baking dish. Smooth top. Bake in centre of oven until edges are firm and middle is set, about 30 min.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top. Turn on broiler. Broil in centre of oven until marshmallows are golden, 30 sec to 1 min. (Watch to make sure marshmallows do not burn.) Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into squares. Brownies will keep well, covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 27 g,
- 11 g,
- 2 g,
- 52 mg.