By Emily BeatonNov 08, 2017
You'll need:scissors permanent markers number 6 plastic (look on clear food containers for a six or grab shrink plastic at the craft store) jewelry glue (we used E6000 Craft Adhesive) white craft paint paint brush a baking sheet lined with parchment paper butterfly pin backs (also called tie tacks or clutch backs)
Instructions:1. Draw a design (or use our template) three times the size you want your finished pin to be. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Tape plastic securely over your design so it doesn’t shift while you're tracing. Trace your design and colour in with permanent markers. When finished, get an adult to cut out the plastic shape.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place plastic shapes evenly on it. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 seconds, or until shapes have shrunk.
4. Have an adult remove tray from oven and press down the still-warm plastic shapes with the back of a spatula to flatten. Let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Paint the backsides of plastic shapes (the backside will look duller) with white craft paint to make colours pop. Using jewelry glue, attach the pin back to plastic shapes (adults only). Let dry for 15 minutes. Tip: Placing the pin back closer to the top will help it not move around when worn.
6. Accessorize your bags and jackets!