Originally published in the Today’s Parent March 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Spaghetti Nests with Bocconcini “Eggs”By Chatelaine
6 adult servings
Slurpy spaghetti takes on a whole other dimension of fun with these cute nests.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce , warmed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 36 mini or pearl bocconcini
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with oil.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water, omitting salt, until tender, 7 to 8 min. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in Parmesan and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in hot spaghetti until well coated with egg mixture.
- Dividing spaghetti mixture into 12 portions, coil each one into a muffin cup, forming a nest. Spoon any remaining egg mixture evenly over nests.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 min. 6. Carefully remove spaghetti nests from pan. Dollop 1 tbsp of marinara sauce over each nest, then sprinkle with basil. Top each nest with 3 bocconcini. Serve with extra marinara sauce, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 35 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 487 mg.