- 1 large crusty round loaf , (500 g)
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup garlic butter , melted and divided
- Preheat barbecue to medium-low.
- Without cutting all the way through, cut loaf into 1-in. slices, leaving the bottom inch attached. Turn 90 degrees and slice the other way to make squares.
- Stuff cheese between squares. Drizzle 3 tbsp garlic butter over the cheese. Brush remaining butter overtop of bread.
- Wrap loaf tightly with foil.
- Barbecue loaf until cheese melts, flipping halfway through, about 25 min. Serve immediately.
Prepare bread all the way and store it wrapped in cooler until ready to cook.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Photo: Roberto Caruso
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g
- 32 g
- 18 g
- 2 g
- 611 mg