Watch our video tutorial for step-by-step instructions:
Protein-Packed GranolaBy Dreena Burton
5 1/2 cups
Combining rolled oats, natural nut butter and pumpkin seeds, this granola is higher in protein than many boxed cereals. Kids will also love it as a snack straight up!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds , or sunflower seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cardamom , adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond butter , or other nut butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2-3/4 cup combination of raisins , and chopped dates
- 1 tsp orange zest , or lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In a bowl, combine the rolled oats, seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt.
- In another bowl, stir together almond butter, maple syrup, molasses, brown rice syrup and vanilla. Add wet mixture to dry, combining well.
- Transfer to parchment sheet lined baking sheet and spread out. Bake for 27-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle in raisins/dates and zest, and let cool completely. Break up into clusters after cooling.