- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 cups finely grated old cheddar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard , (optional)
- Boil milk with water, butter and salt in a pot over medium.
- Add macaroni. Cook, stirring often, until macaroni is tender, 10 to 12 min. (It’s OK if it’s a little saucy.)
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar, mascarpone and mustard until cheese melts.
Combine cheeses with mustard in a plastic container. Keep in cooler until ready to cook and stir into pasta when tender.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent July 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Photo: Roberto Caruso
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37 g
- 49 g
- 43 g
- 2 g
- 775 mg