Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Mushroom QuesadillaBy Chatelaine
4 adult servings
Melty cheese and perfectly sauteed mushrooms squished between a soft flour tortilla? Hello, Meatless Mondays!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 227-g sliced button mushrooms
- 1 150-g pkg Boursin , preferably garlic and herb
- 2 cups baby spinach , optional
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 4 10-in. flour tortillas
- Melt butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-high. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned around the edges,
8 to 10 min. Transfer to a plate. Wipe pan clean.
- Spread 1/4 portion of Boursin over half of a tortilla. Scatter mushrooms, spinach and mozzarella over Boursin. Fold tortilla in half to enclose filling.
- Cook in pan over medium-high until underside is golden, about 2 min. Then flip and continue until other side is golden, about 2 more min. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 33 g,
- 37 g,
- 4 g,
- 875 mg.