roasted red peppers
, drained and finely chopped
apple cider vinegar
, stemmed, gills scraped out
, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Boil water in a medium saucepan. Rinse quinoa with water. Drain. Stir into boiling water along with 1/8 tsp salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until tender, about 12 min. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 min. Fluff with a fork. Stir in peppers.
- Whisk vinegar with sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Brush half of vinaigrette over mushrooms and zucchini.
- Oil grill. Barbecue portobellos and zucchini until tender, 3 to 5 min per side.
- Add baby kale and zucchini to remaining vinaigrette and toss until coated. Divide mixture among 4 plates. Top with mushrooms. Fill portobellos with quinoa mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 33 g,
- 13 g,
- 7 g,
- 393 mg.
Twist and pull the stem off each mushroom, then scrape out the dark brown gills with a spoon.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.