, (4 to 6 lemons)
ice pop sticks
1 1/2 cups
- Whisk lemon juice with 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in 2 cups water.
- Pour 1 cup lemon mixture into a medium saucepan. Add strawberries, 1/3 cup water and 2 tbsp sugar. Boil over high until strawberries turn mushy, 10 to 13 min. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup, using the bottom of a ladle to push out all the liquid. Discard pulp. You should have about 11/2 cups strawberry mixture.
- Pour 1 cup lemon mixture into another medium saucepan. Add blueberries and remaining 1/3 cup water and 2 tbsp sugar. Boil over medium-high heat until blueberries turn mushy, 5 to 7 min. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup, using the bottom of a ladle to push out all the liquid. Discard pulp. You should have about 11/2 cups blueberry mixture.
- Fill ice pop mould one-third of the way up with strawberry mixture. Do not put in sticks. Freeze until layer is firm, about 2 hr.
- Pour remaining lemon mixture two-thirds of the way up the mould (on top of strawberry layer). Insert sticks, digging into strawberry layer. Freeze until lemon layer is firm, about 2 hr. Pour in blueberry mixture until it reaches the top of the mould. Freeze until ice pops are completely firm, about 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, dip mould in hot water for 10 to 15 sec, or until pops are easily pulled out.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 1 g,
- 3 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.