Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2016 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Erik Putz.
Easy Blended Vegetable SoupBy Chatelaine
Forget the can, homemade vegetable soup can be on your table in just 40 minutes (using ingredients you likely already have on hand).
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 cups frozen vegetable mix , such as broccoli and cauliflower
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt
- small crackers , or croutons, optional
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min.
- Add frozen vegetables and broth. Boil until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 min.
- Pour into a blender. Purée until smooth. Divide into 4 bowls.
- Divide yogurt among bowls. Serve topped with crackers, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 4 g,
- 607 mg.