Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo: Roberto Caruso.
Turkey Dinner PuréeBy Chatelaine
A mix of turkey and potatoes with a cranberry swirl, this is a classic supper to be served with a spoon.
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mashed boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- pinch poultry seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp homemade cranberry sauce , or chopped cranberries, optional
- Combine turkey, potato, applesauce, ½ cup broth, poultry seasoning and cranberry sauce, if using, in a medium saucepan set over medium. Boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat.
- Scrape into a blender. Purée until smooth, adding remaining broth until desired consistency.
Nutrition (per tbsp)
- 2 g,
- 2 g,
- 5 mg.