Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Chicken Alphabet-Noodle SoupBy Chatelaine
6 adult servings
Bring some fun to the dinner table with this educational Chicken Alphabet-Noodle Soup. It's great for overcoming a cold or flu, too.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 celery stalks , diced
- 1 carrot , diced
- 1 900-mL carton chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs , diced
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta , or any other small pasta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add oil, then onion, celery and carrot. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 3 min.
- Add chicken broth, water, thyme and salt. Boil, then add chicken and pasta. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through and noodles are tender, about 10 min.
- Stir in parsley. Ladle into bowls.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 15 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 850 mg.