Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Sweet and Saucy Chicken ThighsBy Chatelaine
Saucy, simple and easy on the grocery budget, your kids will love these tender chicken thighs.
- ⅔ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic , finely chopped
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 16 boneless, skinless chicken thighs , (about 2½ lb.)
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil , divided
- Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and sriracha in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Dust with cornstarch, tossing to lightly coat.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Working in batches, sear chicken for 3 min per side or until lightly golden and just cooked through, adding remaining 1 tbsp oil as needed. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add chili sauce mixture to pan and bring just to a boil. Return chicken to pan and coat in sauce. Cook for 5 min or until sauce has thickened and chicken is tender. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 8 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 354 mg.
- Good source of