, (about 850 g)
, washed and cut in half
, thinly sliced diagonally
- Lay chicken breasts on a cutting board. Remove chicken tenders and save for another use. Cut each breast in half horizontally to get 2 thin slices. Cover the slices with parchment. Pound with a rolling pin until 1/4 in. thick. Repeat with remaining chicken. You will have 8 scallopini.
- Whisk orange zest with juice and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 min.
- Heat an extra-large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tsp oil, then bok choy and salt. Stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3 min. Transfer to a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil to same pan over medium. Add chicken in 2 or 3 batches. Don’t crowd pan, adding more oil if needed. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to bok choy platter.
- Add garlic to pan. Cook 30 sec, then pour in broth and remaining marinade. Boil, stirring often, for 2 min. Return chicken to pan. Turn to coat with sauce. Transfer scallopini to platter. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 46 g,
- 8 g,
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 804 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent March 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.