Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2016 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Erik Putz.
Chinese Chicken and Egg Drop SoupBy Chatelaine
Try our version of egg drop soup, the traditional Asian dish of beaten eggs in hot chicken broth.
- 1 900-mL carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 398-mL can creamed corn
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced, optional
- Combine broth and creamed corn in a medium pot over medium-high. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. In another bowl, stir 1 tbsp water with cornstarch, soy sauce and rice vinegar until smooth. While stirring soup, gradually pour in egg in a steady stream. Stir in soy sauce mixture and chicken. Bring to boil, then remove from heat. Sprinkle on green onion, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 15 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 777 mg.