Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Raspberry Sweetheart CookiesBy Chatelaine
Three simple ingredients are all you need to make these Valentine's Day-themed Raspberry Sweetheart Cookies.
- 1 450-g pkg frozen puff pastry , or 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed in the fridge
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar , divided
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Sprinkle counter with 3 tbsp sugar. Unroll cold puff pastry sheets onto sugar. Sprinkle remaining 3 tbsp sugar over sheets. Press gently on pastry so sugar sticks. Divide jam between pastry sheets. Spread in an even layer to the edges. Fold opposite ends of each sheet to the centre so ends meet. Fold both sides again to the centre. Fold one side over the other. Freeze rolls on tray until firm, about 30 min.
- Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 400F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Remove one roll from freezer. Using clean kitchen scissors, cut dough into 1/4-in. slices, about 50 cookies. Arrange cookies on prepared sheets about
2 in. apart. Repeat with remaining roll.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 18 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition (per puff)
- 1 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 0 g,
- 29 mg.