Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Fruit and Sunflower Seed BarsBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 10 min
At a loss for a healthy, portable snack? These sunflower seed bars use only five ingredients and need only 10-minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line a 9 x 5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving 3-in. overhang on two sides.
- Whirl all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Scrape into loaf pan and push down with a spatula until surface is flat and even. Wrap with overhanging plastic.
- Refrigerate until firm, 2 hr. Cut into 8 bars.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 33 g,
- 10 g,
- 5 g,
- 2 mg.