Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Blueberry-Ginger MuffinsBy Chatelaine
Perfect for breakfast or a snack, whip up a batch of these delicious muffins today.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flower
- 1 cup granulalted sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt , preferably 2%
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 170-g container fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with oil, or line with paper liners.
- Stir flours with sugar, grated ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk egg with yogurt and oil in a medium bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture, just until combined. Batter will be very thick. Stir in blueberries. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with candied ginger.
- Bake in centre of oven until golden and a cake tester inserted in centre of a muffin comes out clean, 25 min. Cool muffins in tin for 10 min. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition (per muffin)
- 4 g,
- 37 g,
- 5 g,
- 2 g,
- 172 mg.