Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Blueberry-Apple Fruit LeatherBy Chatelaine
5 hrs 15 min
Bet you didn’t know how easy it is to make your own fruit leather. With only four simple ingredients, this one is more nutritious and super fun to pack.
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 170F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whirl all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture over prepared sheet. Tap gently on the counter or use a spatula to spread mixture into a thin rectangle, about 9 x 13 in.
- Bake in centre of oven until leathery and tacky to the touch but not sticky, about 5 hours. Turn off oven and let stand in oven until cooled completely, 8 hr. or preferably overnight. Cut fruit right through to parchment to make 4 equal rectangles. Peel each rectangle off parchment, place on wax paper and roll up.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 2 mg.