Originally published in the Today’s Parent November 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo: Roberto Caruso.
Apple ChipsBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 25 min
Lightly dusted with cinnamon sugar, these crisp apple chips make a perfect snack.
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 gala apples
- Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 200F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Stir sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Slice apples into very thin (1 to 2 mm) rounds with a mandolin. Arrange slices in a single layer on prepared sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven until edges are ruffled, about 1 hour. Flip apple slices, then rotate sheets. Continue baking until chips are golden, about 1 more hour. Remove from oven. Let stand for 10 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 33 g,
- 4 g,
- 2 mg.