Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Ravioli LasagnaBy Chatelaine
Try a new spin on the classic Italian dish with this delicious and easy Ravioli Lasagna.
- 1 796-mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 450-g pkg Italian sausage , casings removed
- 1 227-g pkg sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 700-g pkg fresh ravioli , preferably spinach and cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Stir tomatoes with cream, milk and garlic in a large bowl.
- Line bottom and sides of slow cooker with aluminum foil. Spread a quarter of tomato mixture over bottom. Crumble a third of sausage meat over sauce, then a third of mushrooms. Arrange a third of ravioli in an even layer over mushrooms. Repeat with remaining tomato sauce, sausage, mushrooms and ravioli, ending with sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours. Remove lid and let stand for 10 min before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 60 g,
- 38 g,
- 6 g,
- 964 mg.