1 1/2 lb
1 1/2 cups
very thinly sliced
, very thinly sliced
2 to 2 1/2 cups
, or fish broth
Asian chili sauce
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp tarragon and garlic, and place in the slow cooker. Surround fish with fennel and onion.
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, 2 cups chicken or fish stock and chili sauce, and pour over fish, adding remaining stock if needed to cover fish with liquid.
- Cover slow cooker, turn to low and cook for 1½ hrs or until fish has turned light pink but is still juicy in the middle.
- Remove fish and set aside; keep warm.
- Scrape vegetables and juices into a large frying pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 10 min or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in butter until melted, sprinkle with remaining tarragon and serve over fish.
For dinner, serve with broccoli and couscous. Got any leftovers? Make a yummy lunch. Flake fish into large pieces and toss gently with a little mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, chopped green onion and lemon zest. Serve on toast.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 9 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 155 mg.
Originally published in the February 2013 issue. Photo by Andrew Grinton.