Photo by Maya Visnyei.
Chicken Chili Tacos
This perfectly seasoned taco recipe from The Sweet Potato Chronicles is about to up your Tuesday nights (or any night, really).
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs , (about 6)
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup prepared tomato salsa , plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup shaved Monterey jack
- 8 corn taco shells
- cilantro , for serving
- sour cream , for serving
- Combine chicken, garlic, salsa and chili powder in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high (4 hours) or low (8 hours).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on plate. Shred chicken and then toss with juices from cooker. Serve with taco shells, cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
- When serving the meal, you can sub in any ingredients your family enjoys. Try guacamole, bean dip, additional salsa or even corn.