Originally published in the May 2010 issue. Photo by Kathleen Finlay.
Ham, Mushroom and Cheese Tart
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 5 min
You've got breakfast-for-dinner, brunch or a lunch in the bag with this simple eggy pie.
- 1 9-in. store-bought pie crust
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tbsp butter , or olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cups diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Emmenthal
- Preheat oven to 350. Thaw store-bought crust, or follow directions on box. Prick all over with a fork and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12-14 minutes until just cooked but not yet beginning to brown. Set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté in butter or olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat for 6 or 7 minutes until they’re fully cooked but not dry and have released liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; add salt and pepper. Stir in ham, mushrooms and cheese. Scrape filling into pie crust and bake at 350 for 25-27 minutes or until set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 10 g,
- 15 g,