Originally published in the April 2013 issue. Photo by Maya Visnyei.
Baby Spinach BLT SaladBy Eshun Mott
This article has not been rated yet.
Take your BLT from bread to bowl with this easy deconstructed recipe. The crispy bacon may be enough to tempt a salad-hater to give it a try.
- 4 oz low sodium bacon , (about 4 sliced), chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat for 6 min or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup in a serving bowl and whisk until uniform. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes and parsley, and serve.
Adding crispy bacon to baby spinach and cherry tomatoes just might be enough to temp a salad-hater to give it a try. Put it in a mug for a low mess option.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 5 g,
- 12 g,
- 2 g,
- 190 mg.