Originally published in the Today’s Parent October 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen.
Mummy Pizza Grilled CheeseBy Chatelaine
4 servings Photo: Roberto Caruso
Stuffed and topped with tomato and gooey cheese, then finished with soulless olive eyes, this is one yummy mummy grilled cheese.
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 plum tomatoes , thinkly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves , optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup store-bought pizza sauce
- 8 strips mozzarella , 1/4 in. wide x 4 in. long
- 8 sliced pitted black olives
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle 4 bread slices with cheese, then divide tomato and basil over cheese. Top with remaining 4 bread slices. Brush oil on both sides of sandwiches.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time until golden-brown, 1 to 2 min per side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, then arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Brush tops of sandwiches with pizza sauce. Lay strips of cheese over sauce to make bandages and place olives for eyes. Broil in centre of oven until cheese melts, 1 to 2 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 37 g,
- 21 g,
- 3 g,
- 708 mg.