Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Maple-Ginger Pork KebabsBy Chatelaine
Everyone likes dinner on a stick—and these pork kebabs are brushed with a tasty sweet-savoury glaze.
- 2/3 of a peeled and cored pineapple
- 1 large red sweet pepper
- 1 bunch geen onion , about 5
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 500-g pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Soak skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- Cut pineapple, bell pepper and green onions into 1-in. pieces. Drizzle with oil in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cut pork into 1-in. pieces.
- Thread pork, pineapple, bell pepper and green onions onto skewers.
- Whisk miso with sherry, maple syrup and ginger in a small bowl.
- Oil grill. Barbecue skewers, with lid closed, flipping halfway, until pork is cooked through, 9 to 11 min. Transfer to a large platter and brush generously with miso mixture.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 27 g,
- 4 g,
- 3 g,
- 383 mg.