Hockey Rink Three-Cheese Pizza
* PLUS Cook time: 15 minutes
Put a new spin on a favourite after-game classic. The hockey rink inspired cheese pizza is fun and easy to make with the kids.
, (choose an outer leaf that is smooth with few wrinkles)
300-mL jar roasted
, drained and patted dry
2 inch round slice
700-g pkg fresh
packed finely grated
, grated (about 3 1/2 cups grated)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Boil a kettle of water. Cut cabbage leaf into long 1/4-in.-thick strips. Place strips in a medium bowl. Pour enough boiling water to just cover strips. Stir in baking soda. Let stand until cool and strips turn blue, about 20 min.
- Use a 1 1/2-in. round cutter to cut 5 circles from red peppers. Use a 1 1/4-in. round cutter to cut a round out of the inside of circles to make rings. Use the end of a straw to cut out 9 small pepper dots. Cut remaining peppers into 1/4-in.-thick strips. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured counter into an 11×14-in. rectangle. Carefully transfer to a baking sheet. Use a paring knife to lightly score a 1/2-in. border around pizza and poke several holes with a fork inside the border of pizza. Stir mascarpone with Parmesan in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over pizza dough inside the border.
- Bake in centre of oven, until crust is light golden, about 10 to 12 min. Remove from oven and flatten any bubbles that may have formed. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over mascarpone. Return to oven and bake until just until cheese melts but does not turn brown, about 3 to 4 min.
- To decorate, use pepper strips to make a line down the left and right borders of pizza, crosswise. Place a pepper ring in centre of pizza. Use more strips to make a line down the centre, but not through the circle. Use blue cabbage strips to make a line between red strips on both sides of pizza. Cut salami in half, then place each half against the red lines, at the middle, on each end of the pizza. Place 4 remaining pepper rings between the blue and red line at each end of pizza. Place a pepper dot in the centre of each ring and also around the centre circle. Slice and serve pizza with marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 35 g,
- 23 g,
- 2 g,
- 668 mg.
Celebrate Scotiabank #HockeyDay in Canada – Feb 18 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT – on Sportsnet
Originally published in the Today’s Parent November 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.