Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Chicken-and-Veggie Kebabs with Parmesan PotatoesBy Chatelaine
Who doesn't love kebabs? Addictive cheesy potatoes on the side make this meal a hit.
- 1/2 900 g bag baby potatoes , quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 1 227-g pkg button mushrooms
- 2 zucchini , cut into 1/2-in. coins
- 1 onion , cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-in. cubes
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water for 20 min. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl. Divide equally among 4 12-in. squares of foil. Close up packets and barbecue, lid closed, flipping halfway through, until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 min.
- Toss mushrooms, zucchini and onion with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Toss chicken with remaining oil and salt, garlic and oregano in another bowl. Thread chicken and veg onto skewers. Barbecue, lid closed, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden and feels slightly springy when pressed, about 10 min.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on potatoes. Serve with skewers.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 27 g,
- 16 g,
- 4 g,
- 825 mg.