Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Roasted-Garlic Rosé SauceBy Chatelaine
With the help of a few simple ingredients you likely have on hand, prepare rich and creamy restaurant-style rosé sauce.
- 1 head garlic , halved crosswise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 18% cream
- 1 670-mL jar passata
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 500-g pkg rigoatoni pasta , or rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Brush garlic halves with oil, then wrap in foil. Roast in centre of oven until cloves are tender, about 30 min. Cool slightly. Squeeze garlic from cloves into a large saucepan. Mash with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Add cream and boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 5 min. Whisk in passata and salt and continue cooking, 5 min.
- Cook rigatoni, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 14 min. Drain and add pasta to sauce, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 106 g,
- 17 g,
- 4 g,
- 507 mg.