, or flour tortilla
rainbow trout fillet
, (about 400 g)
, finely chopped
, or mango
- Brush one side of tortillas with oil, then stack. Cut out smaller tortillas (perfect for small hands) using a 4-in. or 4 1/2-in. round cookie cutter. You should have 18. Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Stir honey with paprika and salt in a small bowl until it forms a paste. Pat fish dry. Rub paste all over flesh of fish.
- Oil frill. Barbecue fish skin-side down, with lid open, until a knife tip inserted into the thickest part of fish and held for 10 sec feels warm, 15 to 17 min for every in. of thickness.
- Barbecue mini tortillas until grill marks appear, about 10 sec per side.
- Slide a thin metal spatula between fish skin and flesh, then lift fillet off skin and onto a cutting board.
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve on grilled tortillas, topped with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, pineapple and cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 40 g,
- 14 g,
- 4 g,
- 837 mg.
Bake tortilla scraps on a baking sheet in a 400F oven until crisp, 5 to 7 min, then crumble into pieces and sprinkle on your tacos.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent June 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.