Originally published in the Today’s Parent April 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.
Crustless QuicheBy Chatelaine
6 adult servings
Perfect for brunch or dinner, this crustless quiche is a great way to sneak in some veggies.
- 3 small potatoes , peeled and sliced into 1/8-in. rounds
- 6 slices deli ham , about 130 g
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small head broccoli , cut into florets, about 2 cups
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- ketchup , optional
- Preheat oven to 375F. Fill a 12-in. oven-safe frying pan halfway with water. Boil over medium-high.
- Add potato slices to boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until potatoes are just tender, 5 to 6 min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Dry and spray the same frying pan with oil. Add a layer of potato slices to cover the bottom of pan. Layer remaining potatoes overtop. Lay ham slices over potatoes.
- Whisk eggs with onion powder and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Pour egg mixture over ham and potatoes. Scatter broccoli over egg mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake in centre of oven until golden and puffy, about 25 min. Cut into wedges and serve with ketchup, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 13 g,
- 13 g,
- 1 g,
- 534 mg.