Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen.
Double Chocolate Sandwich CookiesBy Chatelaine
1 h 45 min
Bring these Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies to a holiday party and watch them disappear. Decadent chocolate icing sandwiched between two soft cookies is always a win.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips , melted
- Stir flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter with granulated sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Gather into a ball. Divide dough in half, then roll each portion into a 2-in.-wide log. Roll logs in waxed paper and twist ends. Chill until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Slice cookies into 1/8-in. rounds and arrange 1 in. apart on prepared sheets. Cookies will spread when baked. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, just until set, 7 to 8 min. Let cookies cool on sheets for 1 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Stir butter and melted chocolate chips together until smooth. 6. Sandwich cookies with chocolate icing. Cookies will keep well, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 2 g,
- 19 g,
- 14 g,
- 1 g,
- 51 mg.