Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen.
Cinnamon Glazed CookiesBy Chatelaine
1 h 40 min
Delicious but not too sweet, our Cinnamon Glazed Cookies are a surefire holiday hit.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter with granulated sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Gather into a ball. Divide dough in half, then roll each portion into a 2-in.-wide log. Roll logs in waxed paper and twist ends. Chill until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Slice cookies into 1/4-in. rounds and arrange 1 in. apart on prepared sheets. Cookies will spread when baked. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, until cookies are just turning golden around the edges, 12 to 15 min. Let cookies cool on sheets for 1 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Whisk icing sugar with cinnamon and milk until smooth. Scrape into a small ziploc bag. Snip 2-mm off a corner of bag. Drizzle glaze over cookies. Cookies will keep well, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 1 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,
- 29 mg.