This article has not been rated yet.
What's for dinner, you're wondering? Oh, just this easy-peasy tortilla pie that's loaded with meat, cheese and veggies. It's ready in 30 minutes, too.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 cups tomato salsa , divided
- 1 cup leftover Braised Brisket
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 9-in. whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves , chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion, chili powder and cumin, and cook until onion has softened, 3 to 5 min. Stir in 1 cup salsa, beef (if you have more than 1 cup of leftover beef, feel free to use all of it), corn and spinach; cook until spinach has wilted, 4 to 6 min, and beef and corn have warmed through.
- Place 1 tortilla in the springform pan, spread 1/3 of the beef mixture, then top with ½ cup of cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers. Top with last tortilla, gently pressing to help layers adhere. Spread remaining ¼ cup salsa and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake pie until top is lightly browned, 18 to 23 min. Remove from oven and let stand 5 min. Run knife around the edge of the pan; remove sides. Transfer with a large metal spatula to a cutting board, sliding pie off the base of the pan. Using a serrated knife, cut pie into wedges.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream, if you wish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 38 g,
- 53 g,
- 31 g,
- 7 g,
- 1421 mg.