Spring Chicken Sauté
Photo: Jodi Pudge
Cozy up with a comforting plate chicken sauté in a rich broth with cremini mushrooms and green peas.
, (tenderloin reserved for another use)
2 1/12 cups
homemade or sodium-free
, thawed if frozen
- Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and sear for 3 min a side or until golden. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp butter to pan and swirl until melted. Add mushrooms and sauté for 1 to 2 min or until they are juicy. Add garlic and sauté for 30 sec. or until mushrooms are golden . Scrape pan contents into a bowl.
- Add stock to skillet and bring to a boil; cook for 6 to 8 min or until reduced by half. Return chicken to pan; cover. Turn heat to mediumlow and simmer for 5 min or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Turn heat to high and boil stock until it’s less than a cup and slightly thickened, about 4 min. Whisk in mustard, add peas and mushrooms. Simmer 1 to 2 min or until peas are bright green. Remove from heat. Whisk in sour cream and sprinkle with mint. Serve chicken with sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 14 g,
- 3 g,
- 628 mg.
Photo by Jodi Pudge.