Photo by Jodi Pudge.
Mini Spanish Tortillas
These chorizo and potato-filled morsels are a great make-ahead breakfast or snack—perfect for filling little bellies.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced chorizo , casing removed
- 1 cup white onion , chopped
- 4 cups yellow-fleshed potatoes , peeled and diced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika , or cayenne pepper
- 7 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut 12 5-in. square pieces of parchment paper and press into the wells of a muffin tin to line. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Add chorizo and sauté for 1 min or until beginning to crisp around the edges. Use a slotted spoon to remove chorizo from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium, add onions and sauté for 2 min or until softened. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil and potatoes and sauté for 15 to 20 min or until tender and lightly golden. Add garlic, ½ tsp salt and paprika and sauté for 1 min longer. Remove from heat and combine with chorizo.
- Beat eggs with remaining 1 tsp salt and stir in potato mixture.
- Divide egg mixture between prepared muffin wells and bake for 6 to 8 min or until eggs are set at the edges and beginning to puff. Turn broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 min or until eggs are puffed and lightly golden on top. Remove from oven and serve.
Our nutritional information is for an adult-sized portion, but if you are concerned about sodium, reduce salt to ½ tsp and only add to eggs.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 32 g,
- 29 g,
- 3 g,
- 1191 mg.