This article has not been rated yet.
No dairy here, folks. This savoury pasta relies on almond milk for its creamy texture. Rotisserie or leftover chicken help it all come together in a snap.
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup homemade roast chicken stock
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded leftover roast chicken
- black pepper
- 340 g fettucine , (preferably the kind packaged in nests)
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves , torn
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 min or until lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté for 1 min longer. Scrape into a bowl and reserve.
- Turn heat down to mediumlow and add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add onion and sauté for 2 min or until softened. Add flour and stir for 1 min to cook out floury taste.
- Stirring constantly, add chicken stock, drippings (if you have them) and almond milk. Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a simmer and cook gently until thickened, about 3 min.
- Add reserved mushrooms and chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente, about 4 min. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Toss pasta with sauce, adding a little pasta cooking water to loosen if necessary. Sprinkle with parsley and almonds and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 40 g,
- 33 g,
- 8 g,
- 288 mg.