Chicken and Leek Sauté
Photo: Jodi Pudge
Give leeks a try, they're sweet when cooked and become the star of this yummy chicken dish.
, white and green parts only, halved and cleaned and cut into 1-in. pieces (about 2 cups)
, or dry vermouth
homemade or sodium-free
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 min or until soft. Scrape onto a plate and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour (shake off any excess).
- Add remaining 1 tbsp butter to frying pan and heat over medium-high. Add chicken and sauté until golden, about 2 min a side.
- Add white wine, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 to 2 min or until wine is reduced by half. Add chicken stock and thyme and simmer for 5 min or until chicken is almost cooked through. Add cream and reserved leeks and simmer 2 min longer or until flavours are combined. Serve with Crispy Asparagus Fries.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 10 g,
- 17 g,
- 1 g,
- 412 mg.
Originally published in the May 2013 issue. Photo by Jodi Pudge.