Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
High-Protein SmoothieBy Chatelaine
8 hrs 15 min
Parents of picky eaters rejoice! This smoothie is a clever cheat.
- 3 cups apple juice
- 2 gala apples , finely chopped
- 2 frozen bananas , broken in half
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine stems
- 1 1/3 cups 2% fat Greek yogurt
- Whirl all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into 4 freezer-safe bottles. Freeze until solid, preferably overnight.
- Pack frozen in lunch box. Shake before drinking.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 64 g,
- 3 g,
- 7 g,
- 62 mg.