Makeup artist Sonia Kashuk shows how to brighten up your everyday look with the season’s biggest makeup trend. Follow her easy makeup tutorial.
1. After your daily moisturizer, use primer to fill in fine lines and create a smooth base.
2. Apply foundation, just spot-treating blemishes and discolouration (don’t cover your entire face).
3. Hide dark under-eye circles with concealer. (Tip: Stay away from powders, especially under your eyes, as they settle into wrinkles.)
4. Dust on bronzer, concentrating on areas the sun would naturally hit.
Read more: Makeup products for multitaskers>
5. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks for brightness.
6. Sweep a violet shadow over your eyelids, and a deep purple into the creases for depth. Lightly dust a mixture of the two pinks (pictured at left) over your browbone.
7. Apply black eyeliner to the upper lash lines. Use a smudge brush to apply a bit of deep-purple shadow over the liner for added definition.
8. Finish eyes with an eyelash curler and three coats of mascara.
9. Swipe on a shiny pink lip gloss for soft, neutral lips.
Read more: Get the look—Cat-eye makeup>
A version of this article appeared in our March 2014 issue with the headline “Pretty simple,” p. 22.